XXVIII. MAIN DISCUSSION, JANUARY 15 - MAY 15, 2012

Main Discussion Forum

Moderators: Skeptical Bystander, Fly by Night

Re: XXVIII. MAIN DISCUSSION, JANUARY 15 -

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

hugo wrote:I see what you mean. On the moral-turpitude thing, a mere arrest ought to lead to inadmissability. Although it doesn't necessarily do so; you could be interviewed and passed. (Especially if you've been acquitted and Americans don't get the Italian system.) The thing remains pretty peculiar, since people claimed that Sollecito was in the country but no evidence is forthcoming. If he really could not gain entry, that would be a significant deception, but a surprisingly dumb one to engage in.

The only thing I can think of, if he was admitted, is that whichever network has secured the exclusive - with one or both of the former lovebirds - prohibited any kind of publicized meet-up between the two as part of the deal. In addition to being acquitted and Americans not getting the Italian system, let's not forget that he was invited by people who got help and support from people with connections. Judge Heavey, a near neighbor of Curt Knox, is a close friend of US Senator Maria Cantwell. And David Marriott's dear friend Mike James is a former local anchorman and current head of the Seattle - Perugia sister city association. And Guiseppe Leporace, Knox's prof and fan at the UW, was the vice consul for awhile. Etc.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby stilicho » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

hugo wrote:I see what you mean. On the moral-turpitude thing, a mere arrest ought to lead to inadmissability. Although it doesn't necessarily do so; you could be interviewed and passed. (Especially if you've been acquitted and Americans don't get the Italian system.) The thing remains pretty peculiar, since people claimed that Sollecito was in the country but no evidence is forthcoming. If he really could not gain entry, that would be a significant deception, but a surprisingly dumb one to engage in.

It's all done on-line and they will check especially since Sollecito's prints are on file. You actually physically authorise them twice during the application process to run your ID through their various screening processes. The problem isn't an interview supplying the VWP. The problem is coming through airport security and your name pops up on the screen. There is simply no conspiracy in the world large enough to prevent that from happening, especially with a guy whose name and photograph have been published thousands of times all over the world.

The deceptions have added up to a whole lot of dumb so far in this case. I doubt they're about to go lax on it any time soon.
“I’m a girl. I never thought girls get arrested for murder. It’s not very ladylike.”
--Kelly Ellard, murderer.
stilicho

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 pm

stilicho wrote:

It's all done on-line and they will check especially since Sollecito's prints are on file. You actually physically authorise them twice during the application process to run your ID through their various screening processes. The problem isn't an interview supplying the VWP. The problem is coming through airport security and your name pops up on the screen. There is simply no conspiracy in the world large enough to prevent that from happening, especially with a guy whose name and photograph have been published thousands of times all over the world.

The deceptions have added up to a whole lot of dumb so far in this case. I doubt they're about to go lax on it any time soon.

Who ever suggested that Sollecito tried to sneak into the US with a false passport or using some other illegal means? If Sollecito is well connected and being taken care of by the right people, then getting into the US was not a problem for him in the way you suggest. I'm sure these details would have been worked out beforehand.

The bottom line is that it is not impossible and the existence of entry barriers alone is not enough to ascertain with certainty that he did not just spend a few days in the US and in Seattle. People with knowledge of the case seem to think he did, and I am not convinced Anne Bremner and the rest of the FOA minions agreed to lie and post false information. Whatever for? I am inclined to believe the non-FOA sources indicating he was here. They could be mistaken, of course. But I have seen nothing tangible demonstrating the impossibility of Sollecito entering the US for a short-term stay.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby hugo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Yes, I hadn't thought of murder counting as mere 'moral turpitude' -- it seems graver than that, somehow -- but apparently it does so count. The authorities have discretion, so because of his acquittal Sollecito could still have been allowed in (his status, as someone on temporary release but still on trial for murder, doesn't really have an equivalent in American law -- in American terms he's been acquitted on appeal), but there remains this strange 'shyness' about the visit. If the Groupies are straight-out pretending that he was allowed into the country when in fact the US will not give him houseroom at all, that would be quite comical. And, indeed, desperate.
hugo

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 pm

hugo wrote:Yes, I hadn't thought of murder counting as mere 'moral turpitude' -- it seems graver than that, somehow -- but apparently it does so count. The authorities have discretion, so because of his acquittal Sollecito could still have been allowed in (his status, as someone on temporary release but still on trial for murder, doesn't really have an equivalent in American law -- in American terms he's been acquitted on appeal), but there remains this strange 'shyness' about the visit. If the Groupies are straight-out pretending that he was allowed into the country when in fact the US will not give him houseroom at all, that would be quite comical. And, indeed, desperate.

I just don't see any reason for the Groupies to engage in this elaborate hoax. There is no upside and it barely generated any press at all. I think it is far more likely that Steve Shay messed up and spilled the beans when he ought not to have. This would be consistent with his ineptitude. After all, he's the same guy who showed up uninvited to my brother's mother-in-law's memorial service and actually tried to talk to my grieving brother and his wife about the FOA and PMF! Sharlene Martin's reaction was close to panic. It was followed by a press blackout, motivated in part by the general lack of interest in Sollecito.

The authorities do have discretion and, it seems to me anyway, it could be that the visit has been in the works since it was first announced in the days following acquittal. It could be that the wished for Christmas-y reunion could not be worked out in time but that a later visit was in process.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby stilicho » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Skeptical Bystander wrote:
hugo wrote:Yes, I hadn't thought of murder counting as mere 'moral turpitude' -- it seems graver than that, somehow -- but apparently it does so count. The authorities have discretion, so because of his acquittal Sollecito could still have been allowed in (his status, as someone on temporary release but still on trial for murder, doesn't really have an equivalent in American law -- in American terms he's been acquitted on appeal), but there remains this strange 'shyness' about the visit. If the Groupies are straight-out pretending that he was allowed into the country when in fact the US will not give him houseroom at all, that would be quite comical. And, indeed, desperate.

I just don't see any reason for the Groupies to engage in this elaborate hoax. There is no upside and it barely generated any press at all. I think it is far more likely that Steve Shay messed up and spilled the beans when he ought not to have. This would be consistent with his ineptitude. After all, he's the same guy who showed up uninvited to my brother's mother-in-law's memorial service and actually tried to talk to my grieving brother and his wife about the FOA and PMF! Sharlene Martin's reaction was close to panic. It was followed by a press blackout, motivated in part by the general lack of interest in Sollecito.

The authorities do have discretion and, it seems to me anyway, it could be that the visit has been in the works since it was first announced in the days following acquittal. It could be that the wished for Christmas-y reunion could not be worked out in time but that a later visit was in process.

That's OK as long as you're arguing that Sollecito lied on his VWP application. Without having deliberately deceived US immigration officials, he would not be in your country. This will be of enormous interest to both Italian and American authorities as it is precisely the kind of thing that the DHS was formed to prevent from happening.

BTW, I don't think that really was Sharlene Martin posting under her own real name on Steve Shay's public blog in the comments section. She too has a telephone and it's not too hard to call someone to ask them to stop posting stories filled with lies. I've never heard of anyone initiating that kind of action in a comments section.
“I’m a girl. I never thought girls get arrested for murder. It’s not very ladylike.”
stilicho

Postby stilicho » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 pm

I have read and understand that I hereby waive for the duration of my travel authorization obtained via ESTA any rights to review or appeal of a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer's determination as to my admissibility, or to contest, other than on the basis of an application for asylum, any removal action arising from an application for admission under the Visa Waiver Program.

Incidentally, that's from the same page so anybody who knew about the sidestep could conceivably initiate the process of removing Sollecito from the US regardless of guarantees provided by connections. And he wouldn't be allowed back in. Ever.

Is that the kind of risk that Sen Cantwell typically takes?

Come on...just that one single photo of a beaming Knife-Boy side-by-side with his duffel-coated stooges in the pouring rain. Please? :beg:
stilicho

Postby hugo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Well, given that, seemingly, Jim Lovering posed as Michael on Chelsea Hoffman's thread the other day, conceivably it wasn't Sharlene Martin. (Though God knows who else would bother posting as Martin.)

But Sollecito wouldn't have to lie. He can own up to an arrest, which would require an interview, but he doesn't have a conviction. Americans don't need SCOTUS to say whether they're innocent or guilty; the lower courts have quite enough competence to do that, so there's no American equivalent of 'waiting on the decision of the Court of Cassation' -- he's just been acquitted, and it's difficult for American officials to paint it otherwise. So he could have been let in on a discretionary pass under the VWP or under a specific visa. But there is, certainly, a dog that didn't bark; the Groupies don't want to talk about it (which is kind of unlike them, somehow).
hugo

Postby stilicho » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:22 pm

hugo wrote:....

But there is, certainly, a dog that didn't bark; the Groupies don't want to talk about it (which is kind of unlike them, somehow).

Yeah, I mean, Sollecito could have recouped the entire cost of the trip (for himself or his "sponsors") just selling locks of his hair. Many of those people would cash in all their INTC stock just to get such a souvenir.

Opportunity lost, I'd say.
stilicho

Postby Clander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:41 pm

hugo wrote:See Vivianna's post of Thursday, 15 March at 17.01 GMT. Or put 'visa waiver' into the search box. You do indeed get one free murder as long as you haven't been convicted. Innocent till proven guilty, after all. They just draw the line at two arrests for serious offences. That would, in Oscar's terms, look like carelessness.

If anyone wants to use Google to search only PMF (instead of using the forum search system), here's the link:

http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/google.html

This is especially useful if you are not logged in/not a member since only registered users can use the forum search system.
Ahi serva Italia, di dolore ostello, nave sanza nocchiere in gran tempesta, non donna di province, ma bordello! - Purgatorio, Dante Alighieri
Clander
Tech admin
Tech admin

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 pm

stilicho wrote:
I have read and understand that I hereby waive for the duration of my travel authorization obtained via ESTA any rights to review or appeal of a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer's determination as to my admissibility, or to contest, other than on the basis of an application for asylum, any removal action arising from an application for admission under the Visa Waiver Program.

Incidentally, that's from the same page so anybody who knew about the sidestep could conceivably initiate the process of removing Sollecito from the US regardless of guarantees provided by connections. And he wouldn't be allowed back in. Ever.

Is that the kind of risk that Sen Cantwell typically takes?

Come on...just that one single photo of a beaming Knife-Boy side-by-side with his duffel-coated stooges in the pouring rain. Please? :beg:

I have no idea of what kind of risks she takes, though she did agree to rope up with Mike Heavey on a climb, which is something I consider quite foolhardy. But you seem to forget that Cantwell believes Knox and Sollecito are innocent of having committed any crime at all and that both are victims. I'm certainly not saying she specifically intervened or even that such intervention would be necessary. I have no information about this. I do think it took some time to arrange this visit, but I see no reason to believe it that was invented. And I know more than one trusted person with knowledge of the case who says Sollecito visited the US (and Seattle). On the other side, I have seen not one shred of evidence that Sollecito tried to enter the US and was turned away, or that any application he may have made was refused.

Again, time will tell, but I suspect there are no photos for publication and officially there was no meeting between Knox and Sollecito because it is not time to cash in on any such meeting.

The only points I have tried to get across are that it is not impossible Sollecito came to the US and that neither Homeland Security regulations or wishful thinking to the contrary are enough to convince me that he did not in fact visit the US. It surprises me that anyone who is not in a position to know for sure would argue that it is impossible that he came to the US. It could be unlikely, but it is not impossible. I am not saying he did, only that it is certainly possible he did. And my sources say he did, but that has no bearing on my statement that it is possible he came to the US.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:16 pm

hugo wrote:Well, given that, seemingly, Jim Lovering posed as Michael on Chelsea Hoffman's thread the other day, conceivably it wasn't Sharlene Martin. (Though God knows who else would bother posting as Martin.)

But Sollecito wouldn't have to lie. He can own up to an arrest, which would require an interview, but he doesn't have a conviction. Americans don't need SCOTUS to say whether they're innocent or guilty; the lower courts have quite enough competence to do that, so there's no American equivalent of 'waiting on the decision of the Court of Cassation' -- he's just been acquitted, and it's difficult for American officials to paint it otherwise. So he could have been let in on a discretionary pass under the VWP or under a specific visa. But there is, certainly, a dog that didn't bark; the Groupies don't want to talk about it (which is kind of unlike them, somehow).

On the internet, it is possible for anyone to pose as someone else. I missed Jim Lovering posing as Michael, unfortunately. Now that Jim like others has outlived his usefulness, he can go back to spending all of his time impersonating Michael and torturing cats. I'm happy for him. It had occurred to me that someone may have posed as Sharlene, but she is too obscure a player for anyone to bother I think. Looking at the players and what I know about each one, I think it is far more likely that Shay messed up. When I go to the gym tonight, I'll ask around and see if anyone there happened to see Raffaele in the neighborhood recently.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 pm

stilicho wrote:

That's OK as long as you're arguing that Sollecito lied on his VWP application. Without having deliberately deceived US immigration officials, he would not be in your country. This will be of enormous interest to both Italian and American authorities as it is precisely the kind of thing that the DHS was formed to prevent from happening.

BTW, I don't think that really was Sharlene Martin posting under her own real name on Steve Shay's public blog in the comments section. She too has a telephone and it's not too hard to call someone to ask them to stop posting stories filled with lies. I've never heard of anyone initiating that kind of action in a comments section.

I am not arguing any such thing. And I think you are simply wrong about how Sollecito's status might be perceived and how he and his family might have been aided in the process of working those details out.

I am sure that the US, like every other country in the world, encounters special cases in this area and that they are dealt with accordingly. I have seen with my own eyes inside a consulate how certain cases are expedited, heard people throw around terms like "dip pass" (in US State Department English, short for diplomatic passport) and so on. I think it is unlikely that Raffie went down to the nearest consulate and waited in line like everyone else, or that he did his paperwork online.
Skeptical Bystander

It may be a "stretch" but...

Postby The 411 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Skeptical Bystander wrote: When I go to the gym tonight, I'll ask around and see if anyone there happened to see Raffaele in the neighborhood recently.

...don't forget to ask about fitness fanatic VANESSA at your gym--Isn't there a chance she would "turnip" there (as a gym visitor) during her stay in Seattle?

Being a personal trainer, I don't think Vanessa would forgo her work out routine for very long--even on vacation.

ImageImageImage
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."
--Gandhi
The 411

Postby DavidBerlin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 pm

I wonder how many photo-journalists hung out at LA and Seattle airports to get a photo of Sollecito. Americans may have limited or no interest in him but a tabloid like the UK Daily Mail is definitely interested in anything to do with Knox. This tabloid has definitely pursued Knox on such minor occasions as her hands held aloft with guitarist lover outings. I can't believe that they did not attempt to get pics of Sollecito on his much-trumpeted visit to USA.
DavidBerlin

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:30 am

DavidBerlin wrote:I wonder how many photo-journalists hung out at LA and Seattle airports to get a photo of Sollecito. Americans may have limited or no interest in him but a tabloid like the UK Daily Mail is definitely interested in anything to do with Knox. This tabloid has definitely pursued Knox on such minor occasions as her hands held aloft with guitarist lover outings. I can't believe that they did not attempt to get pics of Sollecito on his much-trumpeted visit to USA.

I think they may have and clearly failed, which is why they had to settle for photos of Knox and her boyfriend the following night. A photo of Knox and Sollekcito is worth pursuing, but the official story is that no meeting took place. No meeting, no photo.

Frankly, I don't think Sollecito is of much interest to the tabloids. He has an uphill climb to generate interest in his book. That's why he needed a head start. I think interest is waning in general. The Edda and Curt slander trial begins the day after tomorrow - is Perugia bristling with excitement? I don't think so. And even Precious and Specious are struggling to drum up enthusiasm for their Witch of Perugia project.
Skeptical Bystander

Re: It may be a "stretch" but...

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:32 am

The 411 wrote:
Skeptical Bystander wrote: When I go to the gym tonight, I'll ask around and see if anyone there happened to see Raffaele in the neighborhood recently.

...don't forget to ask about fitness fanatic VANESSA at your gym--Isn't there a chance she would "turnip" there (as a gym visitor) during her stay in Seattle?

Being a personal trainer, I don't think Vanessa would forgo her work out routine for very long--even on vacation.

ImageImageImage

I doubt she would go to my gym, since it is not fancy. The only thing it has going for it is that it's near where I live. I see the Sollecito clan closer to downtown. But you're right. Vanessa would need access to a gym during her stay.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby stilicho » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 am

Any news at all on what happened yesterday in Bari?
stilicho

Postby H9 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 am

Skeptical Bystander wrote:On the internet, it is possible for anyone to pose as someone else. I missed Jim Lovering posing as Michael, unfortunately. Now that Jim like others has outlived his usefulness, he can go back to spending all of his time impersonating Michael and torturing cats. I'm happy for him.

No photos of Knife Boy photos yet though he was spotted in LA ;-)
http://www.highlinetimes.com/2012/03/15 ... manda-knox
"He has been spotted this week in the Los Angeles area."

but fastforward Jim Lovering and here he is

JL.jpeg

But.. Hey, Pete... what's this about Girlanda??? Will he be reduced to living off the royalties from his book.... but most importantly... who gets custody of the dog????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please register or log in.
Last edited by H9 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
H9
Gallery Moderator

Postby H9 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 am

The next book ( already mentioned upthreaad)

http://www.eparent.co.uk/2012/03/24/lon ... case-2012/

.......Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi take on Amanda Knox; and more in this year’s roundup of big books the American agencies will be selling at the upcoming London Intenational Book Fair.

William Morris Endeavor
From Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi, the duo behind the true crime bestseller The Monster of Florence, is The Witch of Perugia (on submission in the U.S.), an account of the grisly murder of English exchange student Meredith Kercher and the ensuing Italian trial of American Amanda Knox and her then-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito; rights have been pre-empted in Germany.
H9
Gallery Moderator

Mayberry is Perugia's real twin

Postby Catnip » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 am

Latest news from Perugia:

150 trout were rescued from death in Valnerina (water-levels are getting low). The inhabitants of Ceselli notified the Forest Warden Corps at Saint Anatolia di Narco, who in turn confirmed the criticality of the situation and then called in the Provincial Police. Officers from the Fisheries Management Squad recovered the fish and took them off to Nera.
[ANSA], 28 March 2012

{ Ceselli is about 50 to 60 km south-east of Perugia, way out in the mountains. Spoleto is the nearest big town (and the term “big” is relative).}

No mention of court cases yet.
Catnip

Location: Eora, de Sydenie, 34S-151E, Nuova Gallia del Sud, het nieuw-Hollandt, Terra Australis

Postby bucketoftea » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks, Catnip.
"There is no evidence and what there is is unreliable" Ted Simon
bucketoftea

Rocco's Rocky Road

Postby The 411 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 pm

FastPete wrote: As everyone here knows, Girlanda is a sorry sight these days, no longer chair of the US-Italy thing, smashed his car drunk-driving, down a few pegs in parliament, probably in trouble in Gubbio, and maybe kicked out by his wife.

The Curse of Knox is really something.

H9 wrote:

Hey, Pete... what's this about Girlanda??? Will he be reduced to living off the royalties from his book.... but most importantly... who gets custody of the dog????

Good question, h9! I'm arf-ly curious to know about that, too! Image

Wow, Pete! If ever there was a time to bring out the "shit hitting the fan" smiley, it's gotta be now!

Girlanda's Sunday afternoon November 20, 2011 car accident was no fender-bender!
It was a head-on collision with another car on the outskirts of Gubbio!
:shock:
Drinkin' and drivin.... nnn-)) He's verrrrrry lucky to have survived that!

First accunts of his accident reported that Rocco was immediately taken to the hospital (unlike Anne Bremner with her "car accident" after SHE had been boozin' and cruisin'...:drunk: ),and that Girlanda, as a minimum, had broken his foot and had facial bruising...BUT--
"Nelle prossime ore ovviamente verranno effettuati ulteriori accertamenti medici." means further medical evaluation had to be done on the injured Girlanda...

Girlanda's life has certainly taken a nose dive ever since his Lust Interest, la_) was sprung from the pokey last October!!!

I guess his wife graciously held off on announcing the D-I-V-O-R-C-E plans until Girlanda's pet project of liberation for the Foxy One was accomplished in October 2011.

http://www.trgmedia.it/n.aspx?id=45779

I'm sure Foxy Knoxy was there for "her good friend" Girlanda-- to reach out to Onorevole I'm-Coming-with-You"-- in HIS hour of need, just as he had been there for HER....Oh, no, wait....Silly me! Amanda doesn't "do" sympathy....or empathy.....or care about anyone but herself!!!
As Amanda Knox would explain: "I didn't contact him when he had a serious car accident, because I HAVE TO GET ON WITH MY LIFE. Ciao, Sucker." wg-))

Lest Foxy (or anyone!) forget...here's a photo showing "Rocco being Rocco."
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."
--Gandhi
The 411

"Venus in Fur" on Broadway now!

Postby The 411 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Theater FYI to RS and family-- Re: Things to do in New York-- if you have time for a quick stop-over on your way back to Italy... :tongue: Check this out, Raff!

The play "Venus in Fur" opened on Broadway, about two months AFTER your lawyer, Bongiorno's closing arguments last fall.

Here's the Broadway play...
http://venusinfurbroadway.com/

Here's a reference to G. Bongiorno's courtroom reference, to refresh everyone's memory:

"Amanda Knox is no “Venus in Furs”, one of the defence lawyers at the American’s ongoing appeal trial in Italy against her conviction for murdering British student Meredith Kercher said on Tuesday.

In a passionate courtroom outburst, Giulia Bongiorno — the lawyer for Knox’s former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito who is also appealing — brandished a copy of the 19th-century novel seen as a seminal work about sado-masochism.

“Give up on the ‘Venus in Furs’,” Bongiorno told prosecutors in court — the name of the 1870 work by Austrian author Leopold von Sacher-Masoch.

Turning to the jurors, she said: “You have been provided with a deformed portrait of these two young people….. Amanda has been transformed into a ‘Venus in Furs’ in contrast to a fake and weak man.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/27/l ... rix-image/
--Gandhi
The 411

Re: Mayberry is Perugia's real twin

Postby Fly by Night » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Catnip wrote:Latest news from Perugia:

150 trout were rescued from death in Valnerina....

Excellent. Obama supports trout, and trout replicas too:

Hawaiian Cultural Artifact.jpg

Catnip wrote:No mention of court cases yet.

According to unknown and unconfirmed reports in "the media", in exchange for exclusive coverage rights a US television network has put a private jet at the disposal of the Sollecito and Knox families and is flying all of them from Seattle back to Italy, together, to attend their respective upcoming trials.

The objective is to fully capture an ongoing grotesque miscarriage of justice and to create documentation capable of suggesting that none of these trials have anything to do with actual evidence but, rather, are based entirely upon other motivations to be revealed when the documentary is aired.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please register or log in.
Fly by Night

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Fly by Night wrote:

According to unknown and unconfirmed reports in "the media", in exchange for exclusive coverage rights a US television network has put a private jet at the disposal of the Sollecito and Knox families and is flying all of them from Seattle back to Italy, together, to attend their respective upcoming trials.

The objective is to fully capture an ongoing grotesque miscarriage of justice and to create documentation capable of suggesting that none of these trials have anything to do with actual evidence but, rather, are based entirely upon other motivations to be revealed when the documentary is aired.

I have heard this rumor as well, and an FOA troll who keeps trying to post here also let the cat out of the bag in a message to me, in his own goofy way of course. My guess is that the network is NBC (could be CBS) and Matt Laeur is the guy who found his way to Curt Knox's heart.... it was that Porterhouse steak after all! As the FOA troll told me, the fact that Knox and her parents are going to Italy shows how brave they are. Yes, so brave to show up with the US media in tow, in exchange for how much? Well, whatever it has cost to manipulate the narrative, and I think that's a lot.
Lots of money floating around... makes you wonder who is or will be on the receiving end when all is said and done. In any case, whichever of the networks paid for the exclusive is now totally in the driver's seat as far as the narrative is concerned. This is the triumph of illusion over truth. Very sad to see, but not surprising. What a vapid world these people have agreed to live in!
Skeptical Bystander

"Known Knowns and Known Unknowns"

Postby The 411 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Fly by Night wrote:

First I have to say that I mistakenly thought Fly By Night had written...
"unconfirmed reports in the merda."--instead of "in the media!" :D

Clearly I've still got Rocco's Girlanda's plight on my mind and all the Image that the poor guy had to face after AK abandoned him.

Then, when I read in Fly By's post about all the "unknown reports" about RS and famiglia...I was so confused.
What could "unknown reports" mean? sh-))

But I asked myself: What would DONALD RUMSFELD, former US Secretary of Defense say at time like this? :thinking:
What would "The Don" (Well, he was W's "Don")say about this intriguing mystery and these reports "unknown":

As Rumsfeld once said.... and so very perceptively: :giggle:

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

I'm having a bit of Déjà Moo: the eery feeling that I've heard all this bull before.

--Gandhi
The 411

Postby brmull » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Skeptical Bystander wrote:I have heard this rumor as well, and an FOA troll who keeps trying to post here also let the cat out of the bag in a message to me, in his own goofy way of course. My guess is that the network is NBC (could be CBS) and Matt Laeur is the guy who found his way to Curt Knox's heart.... it was that Porterhouse steak after all! As the FOA troll told me, the fact that Knox and her parents are going to Italy shows how brave they are. Yes, so brave to show up with the US media in tow, in exchange for how much? Well, whatever it has cost to manipulate the narrative, and I think that's a lot.
Lots of money floating around... makes you wonder who is or will be on the receiving end when all is said and done. In any case, whichever of the networks paid for the exclusive is now totally in the driver's seat as far as the narrative is concerned. This is the triumph of illusion over truth. Very sad to see, but not surprising. What a vapid world these people have agreed to live in!

If this is true, and I have seen nothing about these court hearings anywhere on the internet, it would be yet another attempt to subvert the Italian justice system through media theatrics.
brmull

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 pm

brmull wrote:
Skeptical Bystander wrote:I have heard this rumor as well, and an FOA troll who keeps trying to post here also let the cat out of the bag in a message to me, in his own goofy way of course. My guess is that the network is NBC (could be CBS) and Matt Laeur is the guy who found his way to Curt Knox's heart.... it was that Porterhouse steak after all! As the FOA troll told me, the fact that Knox and her parents are going to Italy shows how brave they are. Yes, so brave to show up with the US media in tow, in exchange for how much? Well, whatever it has cost to manipulate the narrative, and I think that's a lot.

If this is true, and I have seen nothing about these court hearings anywhere on the internet, it would be yet another attempt to subvert the Italian justice system through media theatrics.

Well, it worked the first time...
Skeptical Bystander

Postby stilicho » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:39 pm

brmull wrote:

Actually, they're reading PMF and sending individuals various unsubstantiated rumours in the hopes that we'll reprint them here. Does NBC really have a "Private Jet Department"? If they do, does their corporate auditor know about it? And--if not--why not?
stilicho

Postby smacker » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 pm

brmull wrote:

Well, it worked the first time...

Can the Italians be complete bottoms two times running ?
smacker

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm

stilicho wrote:
brmull wrote:

Actually, they're reading PMF and sending individuals various unsubstantiated rumours in the hopes that we'll reprint them here. Does NBC really have a "Private Jet Department"? If they do, does their corporate auditor know about it? And--if not--why not?

The guy who contacted me with his little anecdotes is just one source of what FBN and I presented as a rumor. While at the gym today, I noticed that Linda Byron has some Knox news to present tonight. I didn't have the sound on, so I don't know what her news is. In any case, the official off-the-record word is that Sollecito, though in Seattle, has not met with Amanda Knox. And Knox was not invited to the Bellevue party with supporters that got cancelled. So who knows? Maybe the media rumors are true and NBC or CBS is really flying the whole group over to Italy. We'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I would be remiss if I failed to share the more amusing output of the local rumor mill.

I don't know about a private jet department, but of course NBC has access to private jets. The multinational I worked for has access to them too. So does a professional athlete I know. Access to a private jet for him and his family was written into his contract when he changed professional teams. It's legal and everything.
Skeptical Bystander

That's Rumore!

Postby The 411 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Fly by Night wrote:

I have heard this rumor as well, and an FOA troll who keeps trying to post here also let the cat out of the bag in a message to me, in his own goofy way of course. My guess is that the network is NBC (could be CBS) and Matt Laeur is the guy who found his way to Curt Knox's heart.... it was that Porterhouse steak after all! As the FOA troll told me, the fact that Knox and her parents are going to Italy shows how brave they are. Yes, so brave to show up with the US media in tow, in exchange for how much? Well, whatever it has cost to manipulate the narrative, and I think that's a lot.

"Rumore means "NOISE" in Italian.

How many of these rumors have we heard since the beginning of this case?! Too many to count!
Until we can substantiate these reports, I think we'll just have to say....

"THAT'S RU-MORE!!"

All together now, with Dino in the background !
Let's sing:
THAT'S RU-MORE!!!

I'm dedicating this song to PIKTOR (with "a moray")...wherever "The Artist" may be... A shoutchirp-out to PIKTOR! Image
--Gandhi
The 411

Postby smacker » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:50 pm

stilicho wrote:
brmull wrote:

Irrespective of the Italian judiciary sytem's penchant for own goals I can't help but think that if the 'Revoltings from Seattle' provoke the Italians enough all this theatrical garbage will backfire on them big time. Yay-)
smacker

Re: That's Rumore!

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:53 pm

411 wrote:

How many of these rumors have we heard since the beginning of this case?! Too many to count!
THAT'S RU-MORE!!"

That is what I said: it's a rumor that's going around Seattle (and elsewhere, actually). I believe FBN also referred to it as a rumor. I don't know what his source is. Maybe he'll be back later to share that with us.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:55 pm

smacker wrote:
stilicho wrote:
brmull wrote:

Irrespective of the Italian judiciary sytem's penchant for own goals I can't help but think that if the 'Revoltings from Seattle' provoke the Italians enough all this theatrical garbage will backfire on them big time. Yay-)

If it turns out to be true that the family is showing up in Italy with the media, then I hope the Italians do find some way to express their (understandable) disgust.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby smacker » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:11 pm

smacker wrote:
stilicho wrote:
brmull wrote:

If it turns out to be true that the family is showing up in Italy with the media, then I hope the Italians do find some way to express their (understandable) disgust.

I like 'Revoltings' as a collective word for the entourage.......would that be acceptable to the board ?
smacker

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 pm

@ Smacker: I like it too! Sounds like "change-lings".
Skeptical Bystander

Postby smacker » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Skeptical Bystander wrote:@ Smacker: I like it too! Sounds like "change-lings".

perhaps Piktor could sketch "the Revoltings"...........no red boots though because they are not comical characters unlike Stevie Boy.

Did I get myself a lawsuit, " right there ? "
smacker

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 pm

smacker wrote:
Skeptical Bystander wrote:@ Smacker: I like it too! Sounds like "change-lings".

perhaps Piktor could sketch "the Revoltings"...........no red boots though because they are not comical characters unlike Stevie Boy.

Did I get myself a lawsuit, " right there ? "

Probably. I have heard that you can call anyone "revolting" except for the Anointed Ones.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby Fly by Night » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Skeptical Bystander wrote:411 wrote:

THAT'S RU-MORE!!"

That is what I said: it's a rumor that's going around Seattle (and elsewhere, actually). I believe FBN also referred to it as a rumor. I don't know what his source is. Maybe he'll be back later to share that with us.

I cannot reveal the names of my sources, any more than I can reveal the list of "medications" they are currently taking - or should be taking :nonono:

But rumors are often deployed to detract attention away from something. Is a growing consensus that racism is alive and well in the USA something that might require detraction? I don't know, but it seems that framing, defaming, and blaming "the black guy" as a defense strategy isn't getting the same kind of results that it used to.
Fly by Night

Postby kathman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Fly by Night wrote:

My God. Please tell me that this IS only rumour.
'All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.' - Edmund Burke
kathman

Postby Fly by Night » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 pm

kathman wrote:My God. Please tell me that this IS only rumour.

Actually, I do think it's the kind of thing that only exists only in someone like MiMoo's mind. :bla:
Fly by Night

Postby DavidBerlin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Honestly, I read this as satire. Then subsequent posts suggested it is true. Has Knox created a parallel universe or simply taken advantage of an existing one?
DavidBerlin

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:24 pm

DavidBerlin wrote:

Honestly, I read this as satire. Then subsequent posts suggested it is true. Has Knox created a parallel universe or simply taken advantage of an existing one?

Who can say for sure? If true it is utterly shameful. But given the depths to which US mainstream television media has stooped, it is entirely within the realm of possibility. Without the media involvement, there is zero interest in the US in this story. People have moved on to the next and the next and the next stories. Trayvon Martin is hot. Robert Bales is warm. The Knox/Mellas slander trial is stone cold. Unless one of the bigs is on board, and even then it will take some doing to generate sufficient interest.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby TomM » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:28 pm

I heard on public radio earlier today that Phillip Bergman, one of the creators of Firesign Theater died. I was listening to an excerpt from a 1999 interview and he said he realized that his last name was sexist, so he changed if to Peter Bergperson. But then he realized that person has a sexist ending, too, so he changed it to Peter Bergperper.

Firesign Theatre started as an FM radio program in LA in the 60s, and then record albums were made. You can hear them on YouTube

"There was something fishy about the butler. I think he was a Pisces working for scale."

"I feel faint. The whole world is spinning." "That's lucky for us, Nancy. If it were flat, all the Chinese would fall off." "Aaaaiiieuh" Thud. "She's no fun. She fell right over."
TomM

Postby kathman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 pm

DavidBerlin wrote:

Who can say for sure? If true it is utterly shameful. But given the depths to which US mainstream television media has stooped, it is entirely within the realm of possibility. Without the media involvement, there is zero interest in the US in this story. People have moved on to the next and the next and the next stories. Trayvon Martin is hot. Robert Bales is warm. The Knox/Mellas slander trial is stone cold. Unless one of the bigs is on board, and even then it will take some doing to generate sufficient interest.

If this does actually happen - they are all flown there in a private jet with a huge media presence - I hope the ITALIAN MEDIA will expose it all for what it really is.
'All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.' - Edmund Burke
kathman

Postby gardner » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Fly by Night wrote:
Catnip wrote:According to unknown and unconfirmed reports in "the media", in exchange for exclusive coverage rights a US television network has put a private jet at the disposal of the Sollecito and Knox families and is flying all of them from Seattle back to Italy, together, to attend their respective upcoming trials.

This is disgusting.

dang, I couldn't find the finger smilie

I already am in a foul mood because I watched the Today show for 1 1/2 hours this morning, waiting to see a segment that included my sister. I sat through a live interview with Charlie Sheen. He was frightening. I am still on edge from watching that man twitch, shift, apologize for his humor, smirk, look all around the room..

My sister was asked to send in material and photos for a story on co-housing for senior citizens. She is co-developer for a site in Taos, New Mexico.

Tom, I loved the Firesign Theater. I had their first 3 albums memorized. Many a time throughout my life I have uttered, "she's no fun, she fell right over!"
The Truth waits for eyes unclouded by longing. Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
gardner

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 am

gardner wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:
Catnip wrote:According to unknown and unconfirmed reports in "the media", in exchange for exclusive coverage rights a US television network has put a private jet at the disposal of the Sollecito and Knox families and is flying all of them from Seattle back to Italy, together, to attend their respective upcoming trials.

This is disgusting.

dang, I couldn't find the finger smilie

I already am in a foul mood because I watched the Today show for 1 1/2 hours this morning, waiting to see a segment that included my sister. I sat through a live interview with Charlie Sheen. He was frightening. I am still on edge from watching that man twitch, shift, apologize for his humor, smirk, look all around the room..

My sister was asked to send in material and photos for a story on co-housing for senior citizens. She is co-developer for a site in Taos, New Mexico.

Tom, I loved the Firesign Theater. I had their first 3 albums memorized. Many a time throughout my life I have uttered, "she's no fun, she fell right over!"

I feel your pain - the pain of having to sit through 90 minutes of the Today Show for any reason - not to mention Charlie Sheen.

It helps to think of unforgettable lines from Firesign Theater at times like this:

No anchovies?! You've got the wrong man. I spell my name...Danger
Skeptical Bystander

Postby The 411 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:18 am

Fly by Night wrote:
Skeptical Bystander wrote:411 wrote:

THAT'S RU-MORE!!"

I cannot reveal the names of my sources, any more than I can reveal the list of "medications" they are currently taking - or should be taking :nonono:

:uahaha:

:thinking: But-Oh! Wait, Fly By! I think I've got it! By George, I've got it! Yes!
Your cryptic comment with that thinly-veiled hint leads me to believe that your source surely must be none other than...
the NO-pill-dispensing.NO-counseling, dyed-in-the-wool FOA member....

Dooogie Bremner, MD!!

Umm...Do I get a prize if I guessed correctly?? tt-)

By the way, I've just read this blurb written by Doug B, which appears on his homepage:
"He blogs daily on drug safety,
health news,
and true crime including the Amanda Knox case."
:D

Can you tell which thing is not like the others?
By the time I finish my song?"
--Gandhi
The 411

PreviousNext

Return to The Murder of Meredith Kercher