XXXIII. MAIN DISCUSSION, SEPTEMBER 30 - DECEMBER 25, 2013

Main Discussion Forum

Moderators: Skeptical Bystander, Fly by Night

Re: XXXIII. MAIN DISCUSSION, SEPTEMBER 30, 2013 -

Postby goodlife » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:28 pm

DoctorRadias wrote:
goodlife wrote:
I don't know the origins of this interview (I'll follow the thread back) but I've always wondered how bad a leak has to be that you need a mop the following day that couldn't be mopped up with towels? Was water standing in RS's kitchen all night?

And, of course, go back to Sollecito's a bit panicked, mopping up and then returning the mop back to the villa?

There much more to this mop business than a leak from the sink!

Mop taken back to RS's to be cleaned?
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.

Albert Einstein
goodlife

Postby Jools » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:33 pm

herbstwind wrote:Can anyone translate roughly, what this Interview with the permanent vacationer is about? I have the fear that Sollecito won`t ever return to Italy.

http://www.oggi.it/video/notizie/2013/1 ... esclusiva/

Here it is herbstwind,

Raffaele Sollecito in Santo Domingo: “I'll stay here, at least for now.” EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
The weekly magazine Oggi went to Santo Domingo on the trail of Raffaele Sollecito. And it found him. Here is what he told us.

Raffaele Sollecito in Santo Domingo: “I'm staying here” – EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW

“MY FUTURE? IS CERTAINLY NOT IN ITALY”- “My future is in the Dominican Republic or some other place around the world, certainly not in Italy.” This is how Raffaele Sollecito begins the exclusive interview that Oggi publishes on the news-stand edition. The weekly magazine tracked him down in the island where he had arrived a few weeks ago (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS) before the start of the second process for the murder of Meredith Kercher in which he is accused along with Amanda Knox.

Amanda and Raffaele, how much time has passed! - PHOTO GALLERY

“CONTUMACE [defendant who abstains from his own trial], NOT A FUGITIVE” – “I am abstaining, but not a fugitive, at least for now,” continues Raffaele Sollecito to Oggi. “I left [the country] showing my passport... To be a fugitive, it takes considerable economic resources that I do not have. You need friends who protect you but those can betray you at any time. It would be a living hell. I would not withstand it.”

Raffaele Sollecito: “This is why I'm innocent” - exclusive video interview

“I PREPARE MY FUTURE” – “Here I spend my days learning Spanish and preparing a plan for my future,” says Sollecito. Who also promises to return for the trial. Although he says: “I do not know when. Not right away. Perhaps for the November 6 hearing when the Ris Carabinieri deliver the tests results on the blade of the knife seized in my kitchen. Again the knife where there are no traces of mine, where perhaps there are those of Amanda because she used it for cooking, where those of Meredith are not there and where the dirt and the starch indicate that it had not been washed.”

The Oggi exclusives on Raffaele Sollecito – SPECIALE

http://www.oggi.it/focus/cronaca/2013/1 ... esclusiva/
Jools

Postby dgfred » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 pm

goodlife wrote:
DoctorRadias wrote:
goodlife wrote:
I don't know the origins of this interview (I'll follow the thread back) but I've always wondered how bad a leak has to be that you need a mop the following day that couldn't be mopped up with towels? Was water standing in RS's kitchen all night?

And, of course, go back to Sollecito's a bit panicked, mopping up and then returning the mop back to the villa?

There much more to this mop business than a leak from the sink!

Mop taken back to RS's to be cleaned?

Either that... or a prop to cover another time traveling down the streets with a mop. As many times as they mentioned it there is little chance the one from the cottage was the one used for anything crime related.
dgfred

Postby McCall » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:45 pm

The needing the mob story is a lie. Having just finished Francisco's testimony the sink leak part he seems sketchy to the point where Massei even asks him some questions about a contradiction. Both Francisco and Raffaele's landlady spend a lot of time talking about Raffaele's plumbing issues but those issues were that he had no hot water not that anything was leaking. They are both trying to make it out look there were problems before and for people who are dead accurate about details on almost everything else they seem to not know anything about when these hot water issues happened. That makes me think much earlier.

My theory on the mop is that they needed an excuse to explain drenching Sollecito's kitchen. I read somewhere that the police felt that someone had just loosened the trap. The mop was just a detail for the story.

My second favorite would be that there was a second mop that was disposed of. The fear that someone saw Knox with the mop led to the story that explains why she had it.

Third would be because they needed an excuse fo Knox to return to the cottage beyond the shower since Raffaele had a shower of his own.
McCall

Postby The Bard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Has anyone else's font gone tiny? Have I pressed a button somewhere in the settings by mistake? I can hardly read it!
The Bard
Gallery Moderator

Postby goodlife » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Jools wrote:
herbstwind wrote:Can anyone translate roughly, what this Interview with the permanent vacationer is about? I have the fear that Sollecito won`t ever return to Italy.

Here it is herbstwind,

Raffaele Sollecito in Santo Domingo: “I'll stay here, at least for now.” EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
The weekly magazine Oggi went to Santo Domingo on the trail of Raffaele Sollecito. And it found him. Here is what he told us.

“I PREPARE MY FUTURE” – “Here I spend my days learning Spanish and preparing a plan for my future,” says Sollecito. Who also promises to return for the trial. Although he says: “I do not know when. Not right away. Perhaps for the November 6 hearing when the Ris Carabinieri deliver the tests results on the blade of the knife seized in my kitchen. Again the knife where there are no traces of mine, where perhaps there are those of Amanda because she used it for cooking, where those of Meredith are not there and where the dirt and the starch indicate that it had not been washed.”

This is a boy on the edge of turning. Admits Amanda's traces are on the knife but doesn't acknowledge his initial assertion that he pricked meredith while cooking. He is holed up with his mafia buddies where he could presumably stay indefinitely and I predict if we do see him in Italy (where as a resident he must be in danger of immediate arrest) he will try and save what life he has left.
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.

Albert Einstein
goodlife

Postby The Bard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't understand how she can claim she was panicking when she left the cottage, but waited until Raffaele finished in the bathroom before telling him she had found the door open, blood in the bathroom and was convinced Meredith was in the building. It makes absolutely no sense.
The Bard
Gallery Moderator

Postby The Bard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:50 pm

CUOMO interview:

"And, you know, when I first heard and understood that Meredith had been murdered. My immediate reaction was oh my God, I could be dead."
The Bard
Gallery Moderator

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Fly by Night wrote:

It makes me think that the worst possible thing Sollecito could do right now would be to try to interact with the court remotely via live or recorded video. What might be good for PR in the USA would have an equally inverse impact in Italy. Intentional or not, Sollecito has a unique self-destructive compulsion.

I think it would be fabulous if he arranged for a remote "chat" with the court from his spot at the side of the pool or on the beach. Suggested props for the benefit of those in the courtroom: a pina colada, people frolicking in various stages of undress, a half-smoked pack of cigarettes, a pipe for his wacky tobacky, maybe a drug dealer type lurking in the background, etc. And for Sollecito, that scraggly beard he seems to favor, a bare torso, flip flops and maybe a gold necklace or nose ring. This way, he would not have to go to the trouble of actually sticking up his middle finger and flipping the bird.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby Jools » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm

hugo wrote:In other news, the people (for want of a better word) at IIP have just wasted a day wondering what Mignini meant by calling Knox a 'Luciferina'. Supernaut, clearly half-seas-over again (like the Rev Stuart Lyster, he has actually admitted to his habit of posting while completely slaughtered), filed a rather repetitive succession of posts in which he finally muddled round to the point of demanding to know what went through the minds of 'PGP-ers' (PGP is JREF poster Grinder's invented acronym for Pro-Guilt People, so 'PGP-ers' doesn't quite make sense) when they contemplated Mignini calling Knox a 'Luciferina'.

I can answer that one, as it happens. What goes through my mind is that pro-murder Knox-fancying jerks are incredibly stupid, and they don't know that Mignini never said that. It was Pacelli, counsel for Patrick Lumumba, talking about the cynical and conscienceless way that Knox abused his client, and asking rhetorically whether she was in reality the fresh-faced angelic character that some of the media took her for, or instead a 'Luciferina' -- which in Italian doesn't seem to mean something quite as strong as the English 'she-devil', but something more like 'nasty little piece of work'.

I lost count of how many times this has been pointed out! These people are unbelievebably thick and or unbelievebably drunk all the time. :bla:
Jools

Postby McCall » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 pm

The Bard wrote:Has anyone else's font gone tiny? Have I pressed a button somewhere in the settings by mistake? I can hardly read it!

Holding CTRL while using your mouse wheel does this. Just hold CTRL and wheel to fix by spinning wheel towards you
McCall

Postby goodlife » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 pm

The Bard wrote:CUOMO interview:

"And, you know, when I first heard and understood that Meredith had been murdered. My immediate reaction was oh my God, I could be dead."

What a darling. I'm no expert but she shows signals of narcissism to me :giggle:

Albert Einstein
goodlife

Postby The Bard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:03 pm

McCall wrote:
The Bard wrote:Has anyone else's font gone tiny? Have I pressed a button somewhere in the settings by mistake? I can hardly read it!

Holding CTRL while using your mouse wheel does this. Just hold CTRL and wheel to fix by spinning wheel towards you

Yay!!! TY!
The Bard
Gallery Moderator

Postby hugo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:04 pm

The Bard wrote:I don't understand how she can claim she was panicking when she left the cottage, but waited until Raffaele finished in the bathroom before telling him she had found the door open, blood in the bathroom and was convinced Meredith was in the building. It makes absolutely no sense.

Not just waited till he'd finished in the bathroom, but waited till they'd sat and had a leisurely 'normal' breakfast. She said this on the record. Like all psychopaths, she operates on a ten-year-old basis where everything can always be 'taken back.' ('No, I didn't say that, I said...') But it's on the record. Same with the phone call to her mom she's just invented, which the phone company's records disprove. She just doesn't get it. Doesn't get that her version can be shown and known not to be real. Psychopaths never do.
hugo

Postby jar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Skeptical Bystander wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:

It makes me think that the worst possible thing Sollecito could do right now would be to try to interact with the court remotely via live or recorded video. What might be good for PR in the USA would have an equally inverse impact in Italy. Intentional or not, Sollecito has a unique self-destructive compulsion.

I think it would be fabulous if he arranged for a remote "chat" with the court from his spot at the side of the pool or on the beach. Suggested props for the benefit of those in the courtroom: a pina colada, people frolicking in various stages of undress, a half-smoked pack of cigarettes, a pipe for his wacky tobacky, maybe a drug dealer type lurking in the background, etc. And for Sollecito, that scraggly beard he seems to favor, a bare torso, flip flops and maybe a gold necklace or nose ring. This way, he would not have to go to the trouble of actually sticking up his middle finger and flipping the bird.

:roflao: :roflao:
jar

Postby The Bard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:10 pm

hugo wrote:
The Bard wrote:I don't understand how she can claim she was panicking when she left the cottage, but waited until Raffaele finished in the bathroom before telling him she had found the door open, blood in the bathroom and was convinced Meredith was in the building. It makes absolutely no sense.

Not just waited till he'd finished in the bathroom, but waited till they'd sat and had a leisurely 'normal' breakfast. She said this on the record. Like all psychopaths, she operates on a ten-year-old basis where everything can always be 'taken back.' ('No, I didn't say that, I said...') But it's on the record. Same with the phone call to her mom she's just invented, which the phone company's records disprove. She just doesn't get it. Doesn't get that her version can be shown and known not to be real. Psychopaths never do.

So panic one moment, breakfast the next, despite having 'phoned' her mother in a panic. Christ, if only the interviewer had been properly briefed he could have pulled that apart. It amazes me how Groupies can read this stuff and not have the slightest doubt about her version of events.
The Bard
Gallery Moderator

Postby herbstwind » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Jools wrote:

Here it is herbstwind,

Raffaele Sollecito in Santo Domingo: “I'm staying here” – EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW

“MY FUTURE? IS CERTAINLY NOT IN ITALY”- “My future is in the Dominican Republic or some other place around the world, certainly not in Italy.” This is how Raffaele Sollecito begins the exclusive interview that Oggi publishes on the news-stand edition. The weekly magazine tracked him down in the island where he had arrived a few weeks ago (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS) before the start of the second process for the murder of Meredith Kercher in which he is accused along with Amanda Knox.

“CONTUMACE [defendant who abstains from his own trial], NOT A FUGITIVE” – “I am abstaining, but not a fugitive, at least for now,” continues Raffaele Sollecito to Oggi. “I left [the country] showing my passport... To be a fugitive, it takes considerable economic resources that I do not have. You need friends who protect you but those can betray you at any time. It would be a living hell. I would not withstand it.”

Thank you for you efforts, Jools, I really appreciate that! He is so slick, I don`t believe for one second, that he will be in court on the 6th of November. The Dominican Republic is a hideaway for hard criminals. Of course he will watch carefully what happens in Italy.
herbstwind

Postby piktor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Dr. Baghdad Bob Sollecito scoffs at son absconding and missing his appointment with justice:

Il padre di Raffaele. «Il futuro lavorativo di Raffaele sarà all’estero ma comunque solo dopo che avrà risolto i suoi problemi con la giustizia»: a sottolinearlo è il padre del giovane ingegnere informatico, Francesco Sollecito. Parlando con l'Ansa torna a ribadire che il figlio «sarà in aula per la prossima udienza». «E io - aggiunge - sarò al suo fianco per una nuova difficile prova». «Se Raffaele avesse intenzione di sfuggire alla giustizia - ha detto ancora Francesco Sollecito - non si presenterebbe davanti alla Corte d’assise d’appello di Firenze».

http://www.giornaledellumbria.it/articl ... 31377.html

Google sez:

The father of Raphael. "The future of Raffaele will be working abroad but only after he has resolved his problems with the law": this, underlined by the father of the young computer engineer, Francesco Sollecito. Speaking to the Ansa news agency he reiterates that his son "will be in Court for the next hearing." "And I - he adds - I'll be by his side for the new ordeal." "If Raphael was going to escape justice - said Francesco Sollecito - he would not have representation at the Court of Assizes of Appeal of Florence."
Last edited by piktor on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piktor

Postby herbstwind » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:17 pm

goodlife wrote:
Jools wrote:

Here it is herbstwind,

This is a boy on the edge of turning. Admits Amanda's traces are on the knife but doesn't acknowledge his initial assertion that he pricked meredith while cooking. He is holed up with his mafia buddies where he could presumably stay indefinitely and I predict if we do see him in Italy (where as a resident he must be in danger of immediate arrest) he will try and save what life he has left.

Many thanks, goodlife!!
herbstwind

Postby goodlife » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm

herbstwind wrote:
Jools wrote:

Here it is herbstwind,

Thank you for you efforts, Jools, I really appreciate that! He is so slick, I don`t believe for one second, that he will be in court on the 6th of November. The Dominican Republic is a hideaway for hard criminals. Of course he will watch carefully what happens in Italy.

He certainly will. His problem is that the Courts have now reduced significantly not only the evidence to be reconsidered but the actual days the Court will consider evidence. If he is watching and attempting to 'bide his time' I think he is wasting his time.

Albert Einstein
goodlife

Postby dgfred » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:25 pm

There is absolutely no reason to be in the DR.
EVERYTHING there can be found somewhere around Italy. I will believe he will be in court when I see his pasty self there.
dgfred

Postby stilicho » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:30 pm

The Bard wrote:
hugo wrote:

So panic one moment, breakfast the next, despite having 'phoned' her mother in a panic. Christ, if only the interviewer had been properly briefed he could have pulled that apart. It amazes me how Groupies can read this stuff and not have the slightest doubt about her version of events.

It certainly didn't fool the police, the prosecutors, or all but one of the judges either. Long before the publication of Herbert, I used to marvel at the "alibi email" because it read more like an account of her dining habits than a report about a murder in her own residence. We know she had pasta with Sollecito at the cottage in the afternoon, then ate a fish supper on the evening of Meredith's murder, noshed on coffee and biscuits while relating "strange things" to Sollecito, and that the vending machines at the police station dispensed snacks that gave her a tummy ache.

I'd also recommend people read Hicham Khiri's testimony at the Wiki site if they haven't read it already in English translation. I've always thought that he was "Plan A" since Knox references him in the alibi email.

What jumps out at you about Khiri's testimony, I think, is his remarkable recollection about names, places, dates, times, and so on. He remembers where he was each time he is asked. Unlike Knox and Sollecito, he was genuinely surprised by the appearance of the police at his door at 2 am and was called back later on the 4th even though he had already been questioned for two hours.

Yet not once did he fail to give a verifiable account of where he was or who he was with. It's not a long piece of testimony but it's such a contrast with the pointless ramblings Knox provided while on the stand.
“I’m a girl. I never thought girls get arrested for murder. It’s not very ladylike.”
--Kelly Ellard, murderer.
stilicho

Postby sherrel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:41 pm

stilicho wrote:In her [Knox] court testimony, she explains that the police wanted her to tell them if a knife was missing from the drawer that could have been used to stab Meredith. But, in Herbert, she says she "knew the assortment in the drawer might include the murder weapon" and that this brought on her self-diagnosed panic attack.

I don't get it. Why would anyone who was innocent think that the murder weapon would have been cleaned and placed back into the kitchen drawer? huh-)
Last edited by sherrel on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving.”
― Erma Bombeck

sherrel

Postby McCall » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:44 pm

dgfred wrote:There is absolutely no reason to be in the DR.
EVERYTHING there can be found somewhere around Italy. I will believe he will be in court when I see his pasty self there.

Obviously the reason to be in the DR is to avoid going to jail. Sollecito likely though it was a good choice because in the past the DR had a sketchy extradition history. Two weeks ago they arrested an Italian fugitive who had the same idea. The DR sent him back to Italy the same day. Seems the DR is not safe haven after all.
McCall

Postby herbstwind » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 pm

It absolutely makes no sense. That would have been the first thing she would have told him, if this story were true, woud it not? Markus Lanz had asked her on his show, why she hadn`t knocked on all the doors or tried to open them, after having found the front door open and blood in the bathroom. I personally would have not even entered the abandoned house with its door wide opened. Let alone taking a shower in a bloody bathroom and walking around the house nude under these circumstances. She is a lot braver than I am that is for sure.
herbstwind

Postby intray » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 pm

I think there is a good general rule for Knox's statements.

I can not remember, am confused, was smoking dope: We were engaged in criminal activities.

I remember this....I saw that.... Listen carefully this is part of our cover story.
intray

Postby DLW » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:52 pm

FinnMacCool wrote:
However, Knox's handwritten transcript that she handed to the police a few hours later is different. Even though she still had no lawyer, it came spontaneously from her - the police didn't ask for it. So in that sense it really is a gift. That document can be used against others or against Knox, because it was voluntarily submitted, independently of the formal investigatory process. And it remains fully usable against Knox, regardless of the calumnia case against Lumumba. This has nothing to do with the conflation of civil and criminal processes, and nothing to do with violation of Knox's rights (there hasn't been any suggestion from Cassazione that her rights were violated at all.

Thanks for the info Finn. There was some confusion on my part how these calumnia charges keep on reappearing during the trials. That being the case, Amanda is 'screwed' figuratively. I don't know the biblical sense of that word: cast into hell.
DLW

Postby intray » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 pm

McCall wrote:

Obviously the reason to be in the DR is to avoid going to jail. Sollecito likely though it was a good choice because in the past the DR had a sketchy extradition history. Two weeks ago they arrested an Italian fugitive who had the same idea. The DR sent him back to Italy the same day. Seems the DR is not safe haven after all.

If he wants to disappear at short notice, it is a good jumping off point.
intray

Postby jar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Furthermore Hicham Khiri showed not the slightest trace of deception or embarrassment about the fact that after work he had given a friend a lift to the Sant Antonio car park at about 12.15 am on the 2nd Nov. He gave a full and clear account of his whereabouts and that, as Stich says, is such a contrast with AK and RS.
jar

Postby DavidBerlin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Knox seems to believe that no one cross references her various utterances so she can say one thing to one authority and a totally different to another. I wonder to what extent she is duplicitous or simply the dupe of her PR team. Witness the recent interviews - airbrushed for British and USA consumption and strained and drained and put upon for the OGGI interview. And absolutely no reason for the different presentation. I can't believe a word this woman says.
DavidBerlin

Postby goodlife » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 pm

intray wrote:
McCall wrote:

Thanks to the wonderful Knox PR campaign I doubt whether either of them will ever truly disappear. They may find a bolt hole to avoid extradition which knox may be able to fund. RS can't. His gofundme begging bowl will run out quick. Up to now knife boy has tried at least one escape route (Switzerland) and failed miserably. He is, pardon the French, fucked! Run fat boy, run.......

Albert Einstein
goodlife

Postby jar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Biff is finally arrested in the Dominican Republic with missing evidence from the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pqwbrOGls8
jar

Postby McCall » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm

intray wrote:
McCall wrote:

He can't disappear. The only way to avoid jail is to get to a country that not only has no extradition treaty but also that they want to assert their sovereignty by angering the rest of the international community. There are only a few countries that fit this description and the problem is you're always at the mercy of that host country. They might get sick of having you or regime change might put people who care about global standing. The countries where they can take safe harbor are also not very pleasant. Even with their reduced cost of living I think they will be strapped for cash.
McCall

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm

DavidBerlin wrote:Knox seems to believe that no one cross references her various utterances so she can say one thing to one authority and a totally different to another. I wonder to what extent she is duplicitous or simply the dupe of her PR team. Witness the recent interviews - airbrushed for British and USA consumption and strained and drained and put upon for the OGGI interview. And absolutely no reason for the different presentation. I can't believe a word this woman says.

Maybe that's the way it worked for her growing up.

You raise a good point about the various selves being put out there for consumption. Someone needs to tell Knox and her handlers that, in a global world, media consumption is also global.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point; on le sait en mille choses.
Skeptical Bystander

Postby penelope » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm

jar wrote:Furthermore Hicham Khiri showed not the slightest trace of deception or embarrassment about the fact that after work he had given a friend a lift to the Sant Antonio car park at about 12.15 am on the 2nd Nov. He gave a full and clear account of his whereabouts and that, as Stich says, is such a contrast with AK and RS.

Haven't read his testimony yet, but he seems to have not spent years and years whining about any of it either.
This bald assertion with no factual basis should not even have been entertained as plausible --JUDGEMENT OF THE SUPREME COURT OF CASSATION OF THE REPUBLIC OF ITALY
penelope

Postby piktor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm

McCall wrote:

Google sez:

September 20, 2013

The operation for the capture of the fugitive Giovanni Costa, Villabate (Pa), had begun in March with the wiretaps of the utilities of family members. This made it possible to locate in the Republic of Santo Domingo [Santo Domingo is DR's capital].

New information is then arrive by monitoring the movements of the credit cards of Costa. So, thanks to the joint work between the police, in collaboration with the Interpol and the Central Operations Service, and 'activated the process for the expulsion of the man who at 17 yesterday and' arrived in Italy with a flight at the airport of Fiumicino,
escorted by staff of the Dominican National Police, and has been taken over, arrested and associate at the home district of Civitavecchia.

http://www.resapubblica.it/it/cronaca/3 ... anni-costa
piktor

Postby intray » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 pm

goodlife wrote:
intray wrote:
McCall wrote:

Thanks to the wonderful Knox PR campaign I doubt whether either of them will ever truly disappear. They may find a bolt hole to avoid extradition which knox may be able to fund. RS can't. His gofundme begging bowl will run out quick. Up to now knife boy has tried at least one escape route (Switzerland) and failed miserably. He is, pardon the French, fucked! Run fat boy, run.......

I do not know what his intentions are, but, there are quite a few instances of fairly well known people hiding out for many years.

He is young, all he requires is a false identity, he can get a job, get married, buy a house. Look at the countries within easy reach. None
of them will be putting out APB's for a semi obscure Italian. Note..he is learning Spanish. The verdict will be final in six months. Why
would he need Spanish?
intray

Postby piktor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:52 pm

intray wrote:
goodlife wrote:
intray wrote:
McCall wrote:

I do not know what his intentions are, but, there are quite a few instances of fairly well known people hiding out for many years.

He is young, all he requires is a false identity, he can get a job, get married, buy a house. Look at the countries within easy reach. None
of them will be putting out APB's for a semi obscure Italian. Note..he is learning Spanish. The verdict will be final in six months. Why
would he need Spanish?

Biff's very big problem is he will be required in Italy on a murder rap. Ecuador might give Assange a welcome, but Assange is no murderer.

I doubt there are countries out there that will not be glad to send a convicted murderer back to Italy on the first plane available.
piktor

Postby hugo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

McCall wrote:
intray wrote:
McCall wrote:

He can't disappear. The only way to avoid jail is to get to a country that not only has no extradition treaty but also that they want to assert their sovereignty by angering the rest of the international community. There are only a few countries that fit this description and the problem is you're always at the mercy of that host country. They might get sick of having you or regime change might put people who care about global standing. The countries where they can take safe harbor are also not very pleasant. Even with their reduced cost of living I think they will be strapped for cash.

Well, just last year I gave evidence at the Old Bailey against a murderer we'd just extradited from Bangladesh, a country with which we have no extradition treaty. There is no hiding place, not really, not for murderers.
hugo

Postby intray » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Piktor said.

Biff's very big problem is he will be required in Italy on a murder rap. Ecuador might give Assange a welcome, but Assange is no murderer.

I doubt there are countries out there that will not be glad to send a convicted murderer back to Italy on the first plane available.[/quote]

(Sorry...embedded quote problem.)

I am sure the countries would send Sollecito back, but they would have to find him. If he disappears off the radar with a false identity,
where is he? Who will be looking really hard? This is a family with connections. I have no doubt that if they decide to do it, then
it will happen. The mere fact that he is there in that place, makes me think that they have it as an option. If they get word that
he is going down for a long time...plan B could happen.
intray

Postby McCall » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:24 pm

intray wrote:Piktor said.

I doubt there are countries out there that will not be glad to send a convicted murderer back to Italy on the first plane available.

I am sure the countries would send Sollecito back, but they would have to find him. If he disappears off the radar with a false identity,
where is he? Who will be looking really hard? This is a family with connections. I have no doubt that if they decide to do it, then
it will happen. The mere fact that he is there in that place, makes me think that they have it as an option. If they get word that
he is going down for a long time...plan B could happen.

Interpol will be looking for them. It will not be hard to find them. Knox is going to be identified anywhere she goes. Sollecito might be able to fade in but he is never going to be self-sufficient so he will need to maintain contact with his family.
McCall

Postby goodlife » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 pm

intray wrote:Piktor said.

he is going down for a long time...plan B could happen.[/quote]

The world these days is a small place and as I said, thanks to the PR campaign AK and RS are relatively infamous. The countries either of them could run too are few and far between and would be easily sourced by an appropriate media source such as Oggi! Whether they could actually be extradited from these countries is for people more knowledgable than me to debate but I believe you can run from murder, you can't hide.

Albert Einstein
goodlife

Raffa on the run

Postby The 411 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 pm

McCall wrote:

An excellent, point, McCall.

His name was Giovanni Costa, from Palermo.

And it didn't take YEARS from the start of this investigation for this to happen...just months. The Squadra Mobile, collaborating with the Servizio Centrale Operativo (SCO), Interpol and the border police took six months to capture him.

FYI, The Dominican Republic has about 10 million inhabitants, and more than 20 thousand of them are Italian residents, and that number is trending upwards. Yup, the number is increasing in spite of the latest Italian to arrive on the island. :drool:

Here's an interesting article, published earlier this year. No time to translate the whole thing, but here's what Knife Boy should know.

That (Fatal) Attraction of
Italian Fugitives to The Dominican Republic :drool:

No time to translate the whole thing, but here's what Beach Boy should realize about the Dominican Republic and extradition, instead of thinking:

"... The Dominican Republic is one of the countries preferred by many Italian tourists , and even
our home-grown Italian fugitives because the thinking is, albeit mistaken,that you can get away with it [in the DR] because they do not yet have an extradition treaty with Italy. The fact is that even if the amount of time handling and carrying out these procedures are long, thanks to tightening-up procedures in very recent years, and an improved collaboration with the National Police, it is now possible to expel fugitives from the country as part of the international research done by Interpol .
cl-)

Thus, over the past three years,ten (TEN!!!!) Italian citizens have been returned to the Italian authorities, criminals who blissfully enjoyed the beauty of the island and who were wanted for criminal association for international drug trafficking and other serious crimes. Three of those "most wanted" Italian criminals were entered on the special list of the 100 most dangerous Italian fugitives..."

Final comment in the article:
"To sum up, going to the Dominican Republic to have a good time, is becoming harder and harder for criminals on the run." Image

http://www.narcomafie.it/2013/04/19/que ... ominicana/

Hey, if the DR doesn't work out...what about BOLIVIA?

Bolivia worked out (for a while, anyway).... for the Butcher of Lyon, Klaus Barbie...Why couldn't it work as a safe haven for The Blade Boy of Bari?

:thinking: Apparently, oddly, back in the '70's...Papa Doc received his medical education in Bolivia. Might he still have influential friends there?

P.S. Scratch that last idea. I don't think the Bolivian people would tolerate RS for long...Look what they did to another suspected murderer.

Bolivian villagers punish rapist and murderer by throwing him into his victim's grave and
burying him alive :shock:
From this article: "The state has sanctioned indigenous justice in Bolivia."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2hAmfEhI7
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."
--Gandhi
The 411

Postby intray » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 pm

I would be anxious not to get into conspiracy theory territory, and for all I know Sollecito will turn up in Italy with a nice sun tan.

It would be remiss however not to point out that it is fairly easy to lose someone in a large city. America has a considerable
number of illegal immigrants, a lot of whom are holding down jobs, and all despite huge political opposition. There are numerous
countries who would not be really concerned. Sollecito could disappear in America ,for instance ,quite easily. All he needs is a
good ID and cover story. He has those important 'family' connections.
intray

Postby jar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 pm

jar wrote:Furthermore Hicham Khiri showed not the slightest trace of deception or embarrassment about the fact that after work he had given a friend a lift to the Sant Antonio car park at about 12.15 am on the 2nd Nov. He gave a full and clear account of his whereabouts and that, as Stich says, is such a contrast with AK and RS.

Stilicho thinks that AK and RS discussed the possibility of fitting Khiri up as a distraction for the police investigators. I just wonder whether, hanging around out of sight near the cottage an hour after the murder, they observed Khiri on his own outside the cottage after he had dropped his friend off at the car park.
jar

Postby bucketoftea » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:02 pm

hugo wrote:
McCall wrote:
intray wrote:
McCall wrote:

Well, just last year I gave evidence at the Old Bailey against a murderer we'd just extradited from Bangladesh, a country with which we have no extradition treaty. There is no hiding place, not really, not for murderers.

I agree. There are 188 countries belonging to Interpol. Or, seeing how the US owes Italy (CIA, Terni), they might perhaps especially render the both of them up to Italian authorities.
"There is no evidence and what there is is unreliable" Ted Simon
bucketoftea

Postby intray » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 pm

jar wrote:

Stilicho thinks that AK and RS discussed the possibility of fitting Khiri up as a distraction for the police investigators. I just wonder whether, hanging around out of sight near the cottage an hour after the murder, they observed Khiri on his own outside the cottage after he had dropped his friend off at the car park.

That is an interesting thought. That intercepted conversation struck me as strange though. Why just that odd little exchange? Did they
think they were being recorded? If so why say anything at all? They were writing notes as well, but they had ample time to go some where
secure and plan a real fit up, yet it never happened. Patrick seemed to be a impromptu thing, though perhaps not. If that Professor had'nt
come foward he might have been in real trouble.
intray

Postby penelope » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:08 pm

So, I read through Khiri's testimony and then jumped to AK's to contrast, and found this:

AK: I imagine that maybe they were imagining how it might have been.

Also, lots of :bla: whenever asked directly about her statements to police about Patrick.
Last edited by penelope on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This bald assertion with no factual basis should not even have been entertained as plausible --JUDGEMENT OF THE SUPREME COURT OF CASSATION OF THE REPUBLIC OF ITALY
penelope

Postby goodlife » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:09 pm

intray wrote:I would be anxious not to get into conspiracy theory territory, and for all I know Sollecito will turn up in Italy with a nice sun tan.

It would be remiss however not to point out that it is fairly easy to lose someone in a large city. America has a considerable
number of illegal immigrants, a lot of whom are holding down jobs, and all despite huge political opposition. There are numerous
countries who would not be really concerned. Sollecito could disappear in America ,for instance ,quite easily. All he needs is a
good ID and cover story. He has those important 'family' connections.

Agreed, conspiracy theories help no one and RS may or may not end up back in Italy for the trail. I just look at the options he has. This is a man (and I use the term loosely) who prior to the murder seems to have relied entirely in his family to look after him. He seems to have spent longer than is usual bumming around university and does not really appear to have much of an idea of how the real world works. I.e paying your way.

All the way through the trials this has continued, his rich family doing their best to get him out of the whole he's dug until papa decides enough is enough and cuts the purse strings.

His attempts to get work in places like Switzerland have failed miserably, to the point where he has to beg for money and everywhere he goes the doors are being closed. (Even his most recent visits to America seem to have fallen on deaf ears). For someone who has relied on other people his entire life, this must be very intimidating. When you couple this with the fact he must cope with all of this without actually being able to go home to see his family let alone get any money from them and I suggest that this will be one very frightened little boy, regardless of his family connections.

If we do see RS in Italy prior to the verdict my prediction is the very wobbly house of cards my come tumbling down. bricks-)

Albert Einstein
goodlife

Postby Skeptical Bystander » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:16 pm

jar wrote:
Skeptical Bystander wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:

:roflao: :roflao:

And let's not forget the importance of a couple of lounge chairs with wet towels draped over them.
Skeptical Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to The Murder of Meredith Kercher